My Skincare Routine

11:15:00 AM

Today I'm sharing the products I use for skincare. I recently started paying more attention to my skin and taking care of it as best as I can. We can't always stay young after all!

Most of these products are Japanese and I got them there, so I'm not positive if you can buy it elsewhere. I'm sure you can purchase them on Amazon though, they literally have everything! Anyways, without further ado here is my skincare routine.


Step 1 Exfoliate: St. Ives Green Tea Scrub
I don't exfoliate every day because I don't think that's quite good for your skin. Instead, I exfoliate about twice a week. I used to use the Apricot one from the same brand, but I stopped using it because the beads are too big and it's too harsh for my skin. The green tea one has finer beads and it also helps with the redness of the skin.

Step 2 Cleanse: Bioré Marshmallow Whip Foaming Cleanser 
I always use foaming cleansers because I feel like the foam gets into your skin better thus cleaning it better. This cleanser is from Japan and has four different types. I tend to use the green one in the warmer months since it helps with acne and oiliness, and I use the blue one whenever I don't use the green one.

Step 3 Tone: Muji Toning Water
This step is fairly new as I recently just starting using toners. This one is from Muji, which is known for their stationary goods. I didn't even know they had skincare products until couple weeks ago. Anyways, I saw that this product was rated really high on @cosme so I had to get it! It's really affordable as well, which never hurts.

Step 4 Moisturize: Curél Face cream
Curél makes amazing products. I've started seeing a lot of their products in the States, especially in Wal-Mart so it's pretty accessible now. This was also rated very high on @cosme so I purchased it last minute at Narita airport before leaving Japan. I always just used to use body lotion to moisturize my face, but using actual moisturizer intended for the face moisturizes my face much better.

Step 5 Eye cream: SANA Isoflavone (Isofurabon) Wrinkle Eye Cream
This is another Japanese product I got while I was there. Like the toner, I used to never use eye cream until now. I think prevention is key and it doesn't hurt to start early. I just put this on at night right before I go to bed. This product is fairly inexpensive, I think it was around 1000 yen (~$10) or so.

Step 6 Sunscreen (if going outside): Biore UV Aqua Rich Water Essence Cool
I never leave the house anymore without some sort of sunscreen, especially in summer. Many Japanese sunscreens are light and aren't sticky, which is why I love them. This one has is cool when you put it on your skin so it's perfect for the hot summer months.

Well, that was pretty much my skincare routine. I'll try to link where you can purchase these products later! Thanks for reading :)

xx K

You Might Also Like

0 comments