Japan 2016: Tokyo, Osaka, Nara

11:25:00 AM

I recently just came back from my annual trip to Japan a few days ago. I always have so much fun going there and I just love the country so much. My parents and I were only in Japan for around 10 days, which is shorter than usual but it was still great nonetheless.

We first spent one full day in Tokyo. I've always wanted to see the "mirrored tunnel" going up inside the Tokyu Plaza building in Omotesando so that's where we ended up first. The building itself consists of retail stores like American Eagle, but shopping wasn't what I came here to do. I literally just wanted to take a picture of the mirrors inside haha. But look how cool!


We then wandered off to Roppongi and decided to go to Roppongi Hills to check out the amazing view. Here you can probably see one of the best views of Tokyo and Tokyo Tower. At Roppongi Hills, they actually had a Studio Ghibli expo happening on the same floor as the observatory! We weren't allowed to take any pictures of the exhibition, but I sneakily took one picture of giant Totoro, oops. 


The next day, we headed back to the airport and flew to Osaka. Osaka is my favorite city in Japan and I generally just love the Kansai area. The food is great, the people are friendly, and there is so much history. I didn't take any great pictures while I was here though because I come back to Osaka every year so there's nothing really new for me. 

Some days later, we went to Nara during the day to check out my grandmother's grave since she passed a couple weeks prior. It was a little sad seeing her and my grandfather's grave. The realization that now all of my grandparents were no longer on this earth hit me and it was a little upsetting to be honest. 

After Nara, we just spent the rest of the time we had in Osaka and had a nice, wonderful time. The trip came to an end in a blink of an eye and soon enough we were at the airport ready to head home. We've flown ANA for the past few years now and I just can't say enough good things about this airline. If you ever want to come to Japan, fly ANA and you'll see why I love them so much.


Anyhow, that was pretty much my trip in a nutshell. It was way too quick for my liking but I'm sure I'll be back soon. I hope you all had a nice summer vacation too! 

xx K


You Might Also Like

0 comments